It’s June 30th which means it’s reveal day for the Foodie Penpal program. The Foodie Penpal program is the brainchild of Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean. I love the idea of penpals and getting something in the mail other than my credit card bill. Interested? Here’s how the exchange works:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
Registration for July is still open, so go ahead and give it a shot! Remember it’s open to both bloggers and readers alike.
This month, I was paired with Celyna over at Love.Peace.Hapiness.Cooking. Celyna has a wonderful blog and those you who have pups should take note! She’s got recipes for doggy treats! I had a lot of fun picking out goodies for her. Did she like them? Head on over to her blog to find out.
My package was from Allie over at True Tales of a Toronto Actor. She’s an actress and her blog is filled with her adventures in acting, fitness and food. Be sure to check it out! Her package for me included:
- Prana Maple Almonds
- Stash Chamomile Tea
- Vega Sport Endurance Gel – Raspberry
- Larabar – Blueberry
- Bounce Energy Ball
- Electromix – Lemon Lime Flavor
- NuGo Free bar – Trail Mix
So that’s it for June! Remember if you want to participate in the Foodie Penpals program, head over to The Lean Green Bean to sign up.