I can’t believe it’s already the end of May. Where has the month gone? I feel like I was just making plans for Mother’s Day not too long ago. Oh well. You know the saying about time flying, so I must be having fun. Anyway, this month, I got involved in the Foodie Penpal program which was started by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean. Since it’s the end of the month, today is the reveal day! But first off, here’s how the exchange works:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
Registration for next month is open until June 5th so go ahead and give it a shot! Remember it’s open to both bloggers and readers alike.
My package came to me from Morgan, a blog reader. Her package included:
- Bread dip
- Garlic sauce
- Magic Milk Straws
- Quinoa burger mix
- M-Bar (vegan energy bar)
I’m most excited to try out the quinoa burgers as I’ve been trying to incorporate a couple of vegetarian meals each week. The Magic Milk straws also look like a lot of fun and I’m excited about those too! I’m not a fan of plain milk but don’t always remember to buy a carton of chocolate milk before I go running on the weekend. I will definitely be blogging about some of these over the coming weeks. Thanks again to Morgan for the wonderful foodie gifts!
I got paired with Vesna over at Lipstick and Lemon Drops. I was a little nervous because she’s a vegan and I don’t have much experience so head on over to her blog and see whether she liked the goodies I sent her. With that said, I’m looking forward to the exchange for June. Remember if you want to participate, head over to The Lean Green Bean to sign up.